Thursday, May 30, 2013

Turn Cans Into Pencil Cups!

I was tossing some large cat food cans into the recycling and thinking it was such a waste. Then I remembered seeing some upcycling ideas on Pinterest to make pencil cups out of tin cans and voila! We have cheap storage for my colored pencils, pens, and brushes! (Sterilized in the dishwasher of course!)


I used my fancy Pampered Chef can opener so that the edges would be smooth and then adhered my Chantilly paper to the cans with Royal Coat decoupage paste. I also put some red double stick tape along the top and bottom to make sure it would stick. Some snips at the top of the paper every half inch made it easy to fold over the can for a finished edge. After a few minutes, I put on a couple of coats of Royal Coat on the outside for protection. I like Royal Coat better than Mod Podge since it seems to dry completely without tackiness. Next time you are about to toss that empty soup or tomato can into the  recycle, make some fun storage for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment