Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Blog Hop

Happy first day of Spring!! I am excited to be part of an Easter blog hop with my fellow Close to My Heart teammates from Evergreen Memories. We will be showing off the latest papers, stamps, embellishments, and inks from the new 2013 Spring/Summer Idea Book.

If you started the hop elsewhere, you probably just came from Lalia's Blog. Welcome!


I used my favorite paper packet from the new catalog - Chantilly. The pastel colors make me think of ice cream and warm weather. Plus, they mix well with bold colors. I had fun playing with my Artiste Cricut cartridge and I was looking for an excuse to cut out the hot air balloon. The balloon makes me think of blue skies with puffy clouds and no rain in sight! The little bunny peeping in the grass was also cut on the Artiste cartridge, right down to his flower tail. The cloud in the background is actually negative space in the card base. I mounted white cardstock behind it and sponged lightly. For the "Easter" sentiment on the Cricut, I used our new glitter paper and had no problems cutting it. I hope you like my creation!

Materials Used:
If you would like to buy these products or would just like to browse in my Close to My Heart online store, just click here.   

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  Now it's time to hop on over to see what surprise Cindy's Blog has in store for you!

7 comments:

  1. Carla,
    I love your dimensional balloon. What a fun idea! And I have been looking for that bunny...what page is he on?
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, I had to improvise and take the bunny from the bunny box. :) See page 73 for the Spring/Easter key. I cut the box 1 inch and used the bunny on top for my card.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! I love your hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your balloon, too! I've also been itching to make something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! I would love to do that balloon technique :)

    ReplyDelete